The grill has really been getting a workout lately and we are having a blast! I am checking out some new baskets and grids to try some different things and create more grilled goodness!
One thing that never disappoints on the grill is FISH and, recently, we had a huge wild salmon on the grill that was smothered in Fennel Pollen blend delightfulness and grilled to juicy delectability.
Today is Fennel Friday so we cannot help but SHARE our Fennel Friday recipe that is soooo easy, you should just go get the salmon now. And don’t forget the Fennel Pollen – we used the M-Ocean blend from Pollen Ranch… a combo of:
- Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen
- Almond Powder
- Orange Peel
- Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt)
- Black Pepper
Add some oil and then sprinkle the M-Ocean on the Salmon … that is it. Done. Oh yes – and GRILLLLLLLL!
A few points to remember when cooking Salmon on the grill:
- Good rule of thumb is to grill fish for approximately 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness cooking it at 4-inches above the heat source.
- Salmon Filets: will cook in approximately 4-5 minutes. Do not turn over when grilling.
- Salmon Steaks: will cook in approximately 4-7 minutes. Turn once to cook on both sides. You can also sear the outside flesh on a hot grill and finish grilling on medium heat.
- Whole Salmon: Cook slow and low. Use the thickness rule stated above.
I did this Salmon skin ON – that helps keep the fish intact as you are flipping and I used the low and slow method.
Add a few pieces of grilled fennel and some sliced campari tomatoes or a spinach salad for a HEALTHY and SCRUMPTIOUS meal!
Happy Fennel Friday! Share you fennel recipes on twitter! #fennelfriday